By Fr. Kilian McCaffrey, Pastor, St. Elizabeth Seton
In these warm days and evenings of Summer, a healthier, lighter meal option is to grill some fish. I love salmon, especially Sockeye from Alaska.
- A Side of Salmon (about 2 pounds)
- Olive Oil
- Montreal Steak Seasoning or Traeger Fin & Feather Rub
- Butter and Garlic
- Set your grill to temp of approximately 300ºF.
- Place salmon on aluminum foil and sprinkle with your favorite rubs
- Coat your salmon in olive oil and then
- Place salmon on the foil on your grill for approximately 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 117º or 118º
- Glaze salmon with a butter garlic mix
- Allow salmon to continue cooking for another 6-8 minutes or until the internal temperature of 125º is reached
- Take the foil off the grill and let it sit for about 7 minutes before serving.
Serve with mixed greens, rice, pasta or potatoes. Absolutely delicious every time.
One thought on “Grilling with Fr. K…Salmon, a Summer Favorite”
OOH YUM! Keep them recipes coming Father Kilian!